Gelato expert academy Module #1: everything you need to know about food composition, food labeling and what is gelato made of.
Program Module #1
The physical composition of gelato
- Introduction to gelato
- Gelato: a short story
- What is gelato made of?
- Gelato or ice cream?
- Frozen desserts: a broad range of products
- Gelato, soft serve, ice cream, sorbetto, granita, cremolata, gelato on a stick, fruit tubes, semifreddo
Food composition and labelling
- Food composition: what is food made of?
- Processed and unprocessed food
- How to read and how to write food labels
- Nutritional values and their meaning
- How to study raw materials composition and their use in gelato
- National ingredients databases and how to use them
Ingredients of gelato and their functional action
- Sensory and functional ingredients in gelato
- Sugars: what is a sugar?
- Properties of sugars: Sweetness, freezing point, applications in gelato
- Introduction to fibers
- Stabilisers: thickeners, emulsifiers and additive-free alternatives.
- Other ingredients
Introduction to the main gelato products
- Milk gelato
- Vegan gelato
Voluntary exam to achieve certification (10 minutes quick test)
Info & Subscribe
- 1 module of choice: 170€
- 3 modules of choice: 450€
- 5 modules of choice: 650€ (includes 30 minutes one to one consulting)
- 10 modules: 1000€ (includes 60 minutes one to one consulting)
Included in the price
- Teaching material in PDF used during the courses
- Recipe book of each module of the courses
- Access to all the videos and material for unlimited time
- Certification of participation
- For minimum 5 modules of subscription: 50€ discount on GelatoPassport+ the official formulation app used by the Gelato Expert Academy and factories and professionals all over the world