Date: 7 April – from 10 to 13 UTC+2
Program: Gelato with and without sugars
The focus of the masterclass is the use of sugars and sugar substitutes in gelato. You will learn more about carbohydrates and how to formulate recipes with reduced sugars or no added sugars.
The recipes will be formulated from scratch live, and you will see the result of the gelato making during the course.
- What they are and their classification
- Sugar substitutes
Legislation and claims
- European and global legislation
- Food claim for sugars and fibres
- Additives and clean label
- Is sugar-free gelato possible?
- Creation of a standard gelato recipe
- Formulation of a reduced sugars gelato recipe
- Formulation of a no added sugars gelato recipe
- Introduction to keto-friendly gelato
Gelato making live
- Live test of gelato formulation from the Essenza Gelato lab
- The last 25 minutes will be open for question and answer
The subscriber will receive a link for the live video streaming.
7 April 2020, from 10 to 13 UTC+2